Photojournalism

Share
twitterlinkedinfacebook
Image 14 of 26
< Prev Next >
unattendedcandle.JPG
This is the September 2000 Member Showcase Photo of the Month, as judged by APME, showing an emergency medical technician running to a waiting ambulance as he attempts to resuscitate a 5-year old girl taken from a house fire in Springfield, Mass., Sunday, Oct. 1, 2000. The girl died and her three sisters were injured in a house fire that authorities believe started with a candle left burning in a bathroom. Witnesses said the mother of the children tried in vain to reach them, but eventually had to jump to safety. She suffered a broken arm.  (AP Photo/Springfield Union-News, Christopher Evans)